VISITOR RESTRICTIONS DUE TO COVID-19
Dear Family, Friends, Staff, and Visitors,
We at Regency Pacific Management and our affiliated are closely monitoring the evolving COVID-19 situation in order to protect the health and safety of our residents and staff. They are our highest priority and while we know restrictions are difficult for everyone involved we want to protect the most vulnerable among us.
Under guidelines from Federal and State agencies, including the Centers for Medicare Services, the Department of Public Health and the Center for Disease Control (CDC) as well as local health authorities, Regency Pacific Management has implemented the following restrictions and guidelines for all facilities including skilled nursing and assisted living:
- Daily monitoring of patients and residents for symptoms.
- Anyone who is symptomatic is immediately placed on droplet and/or contact isolation protocol with guidance from the CDC. Isolation protocols include staff wearing personal protective equipment which can include gowns, gloves, eye shields, and masks.
- Restriction of all visitors for residents with the exception of resident’s at end of life.
- Only essential personnel will be allowed into the facility after they have been screened for respiratory symptoms and had a temperature check.
- Entrance to the communities is restricted to the main entrance only. All additional entrances and exits are secured.
- All group activities, including dining, that do not allow for more than six feet of social distancing have been canceled and alternative arrangements made.
- Residents are encouraged to stay in their rooms or apartments as much as possible and to avoid going out into the local community
We are sincerely grateful for your cooperation during this challenging and uncertain time. We want to recognize our compassionate and skilled staff for their dedication to caring for our residents and patients.